Sunday, April 1, 2007

Why is his family so shallow?

So well, another thing i can complain about my fiance's family. I have to watch my mouth now but once I say 'I do' at the alter, I will bite their head off and will no longer hold back how I feel and what I really want to say!

Fiance got a new job and starts next week. The best part about his job is that he can wear polo shirts and jeans to work! Typical IT department geeks :p However, we bought a whole lot of pants and shirts while we were holidaying in Singapore and hence, we thought we'll give it all to his younger brother since he just got out of uni and started his first job in Jan/Feb. We gave it to him last week and today, he was showing us new pants that he bought! He was telling us that he got the 2nd pair half price and my fiance said, well it's still not as cheap as the ones we got from Singapore! His reply was but they ones you got are from Asia and these are from Roger David! HOW SHALLOW CAN A GUY BE! Those pants that we got were on sale..70% off and were originally $70-100! Well they are not Armani or Zegna but hey are decent pants. Moreover, he is just fresh out of uni and seriously, how many people on the streets of Perth will tell the difference between the brands that you are wearing anyway! Roger David isn't a designer brand and they are the same as any other pants found in Myer so what is the difference between what he bought as to what we bought in Singapore? I can understand what he's saying if I bought it from some night market in Thailand or Vietnam!

It is very upsetting and depressing that another of his sibling turns out this way. All my friends are well-to-do compared to his family and I never had friends who behave like them. As much as I hate to say this, could it be because they never had money in their family and now that they have some, it makes them feel as though they are better than everyone and anyone else?

I'm sick and tired of having such shallow and pathetic people as family. Thank god I picked the best one of the lot!

No comments: