Thursday, April 19, 2007

ekk..what have we done

Not too sure if I have officially ended my career or I should start emailing my resume around and get a new job because my life will be a living hell from tomorrow onwards!

Our director has been nudging us to speak up about the issues we have for several days. She has prompted us on many occasions but we have managed to avoid the topic and ignore the issues. We have a lot to say and it is not a very healthy working environment as everyone is unmotivated and morale is at an all time low all because of my manager's management style.

So well, we dropped the bombshell today. We had meetings with her and emailed her a massive email stating how we feel. I am the culprit and email was sent via my email. I read it and ensured that it is a very professional email highlighting our concerns and have clearly stated examples and how we feel. Copy and pasted everyone's feedback into a document as well so that it is just coming from me but it is a collective effort. Another team member had a meeting with her within the hour and so, our message was delivered and hammered in straight to the point. She assured us that she will be doing something about it and appreciate that we are talking to her.

Now the problem..the director got my manager to go see her and well, when she came back she slammed her notepad on her desk and went into the meeting room on her own, closed the door and made a personal phonecall. We knew we are dead after that. I am just wondering if she knows I sent that email and if she knows, my life will be over. So well next step is..if my life is made a living hell after this, at least I know who to go to next to resolve this issue. Guess when i have no reservations of resigning, it gives me that strength to fight this war. At least i'll be seen as a leader for the rest of the team and who knows, it might lead to bigger things. My courage for being able to address issues might be rewarded?

ekk...

No comments: