Monday, April 2, 2007

i wish i can..but i dont think i should

One of my close friends, emailed me today. If I am interested, I can submit my resume and I reckon I shouldn't have any problems getting the job. Unfortunately, it is in Singapore. Fiance and I are looking at moving to Singapore next year when the job market picks up. Main reason for moving there is more affordable housing, lower cost of living and better job opportunities.

And well, let's just say I can't wait! I feel as though I can finally reach for the stars. There will be more opportunities there in both the stock market and investment sense and career as well. However, I have to wait for my fiance to finish his certificate in some IT stuff before we can go. I know it won't be for long and it gives us time to plan and pack as well. But part of me feels like applying for all these jobs with Citibank, Barclays, HSBC etc etc and just pack my bags and go now! I wish I can..but I can't and I don't think it's fair. Fiance's born and bred in Australia and to him, moving overseas is a huge step. We should do it together and I shouldn't take off on my own and wait for him to join me when he's ready. It's not too long a wait and I know it gives us time to clear up whatever stuff we have here. Sell our furniture, clothing etc etc

So well, i wish i can leave now..but i can't and i shouldn't. Not too long now..HANG IN THERE!!

No comments: