Thursday, January 11, 2007

People can be so nasty!!!

Went to the post office today and there was this guy who made an unnecessary remark and that I wished I could turn around and say, if you have nothing good to say, then keep your mouth shut!

Why are people so nasty and angry? The worst thing is, they take it out on others who are innocent and are just serving them at the bank, post office, shops or over the phone. Over the years, I realised that life is never smooth sailing. When things don't turn out the way we want it to, why take it out on others. How about focusing on solving the problem than complain about the problem?

This could be what I learn in buddhism, to learn to stay calm and not get to worked up because thats when you make even more mistakes. I have to admit that I have been in scenarios where I feel like screaming and there's so much anger in me that I need to take some timeout and go for a 5min walk at the park and once, went to the bathroom and cried. At the end of the day, at least I know that I didn't say anything in anger and I gave myself an opportunity to calm down and make the necessary decisions.

Plus, there's the problem or karma/retribution! Be nice to others and they will be nice to you as well! Screaming, shouting and being nasty wouldn't solve the problem. Well, the post office didn't do what I want them to do today as well and I spoke to the manager and got them to get around the situation. I left getting what i needed to do, done. Isn't it all that matters?

So hopefully, people can be less angry. Everyone's stressed and everyone has problems to deal with. There is absolutely no need to take it out on anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.