Sunday, January 14, 2007

ideas that can't be actioned...

I came up with a business idea again...but just like many other ideas, I have to bin it as it involves a huge startup cost.

There's this guy at work...family's filthy rich. Has so much money that there is no need to work for the rest of his life. But the problem with him is, he don't know how to invest or make more money out of whatever he has! I've told him to invest in some managed funds with high growth, China, Emerging markets etc etc and he prefers to let it sit in some low growth fund and earn 17-19% when the ones I told him to invest in, grew 25-35% last financial year!!! His reply was, it was too hard..had to sell down the whole portfolio and buy again.

Here I am, trying to maximise what I've got and hopefully, make the best investment choices and that my online business will bring me a steady income. If i had his money, I would have jumped on a lot of opportunities and would have made a fair bit...oh well, I guess that's life. Not everyone has that money making instinct or a sound business brain. I should thank god that I have one and hopefully, make full use of every opportunity I have :)

No comments: