Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wonder why life is so complicated

My gf is 28 years old, single and haven't had a bf for a while. Another friend is in her 30s and well, have a fling here and there and don't have a man who's in her life or well, constantly in her life anyway. People would think that they would be envious of my life where I have a fiance, brains (or some brains anyway!) and capabilities.

In fact, they have no idea that I am envious of them in certain ways to. I'm envious that they are on their own. They don't have to deal with a lot of nonsense that I am facing and will be facing in future. They can do whatever they want without having to worry about anything. Go wherever they like and don't have to answer to anyone or think twice about their actions. My life on the other hand, is like a juggling act. Work's been pretty busy this week, on top of that, I have to deal with fiance, fiance's parents, his sister, MY sister, my sister's bf and the list goes on and on. I am meant to finish as much as I can with my business and then start studying as I have to finish an assignment and sit for my exams. There's no dateline but I want to get down to doing it. Its hard enough now and I can't imagine if we're going to have kids. When will I get a timeout. Just time on my own to do what i want. I miss just lying in bed reading my book till wee hours of the morning, I miss reading my magazines, I miss lying at the beach on my own with my sunnies and relaxing.

So well, to all the women out there who wish they are in a relationship or have a man in their life, its not always rosy and filled with love and cuddles. Mine is but that doesn't make up the bulk of the relationship and well, enjoy your freedom and time on your own while you can. While you are out having that martini and glancing around the room to check out a man on weekends, I am sitting at a dining table with my in-laws dreading every minute and wondering how I could have utilised my time a lot better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what can i say? grass is always greener on the otherside.. I say just be contented with what you have.. no matter what.. you choose how you wana live ur life.. =)
- Valerie