Thursday, August 23, 2007

been checking out CFDs

I've opened a new CFD account last week. CFD means contract for difference. You trade in most financial instruments from forex to indices to shares. As for shares, you only need 5-10% deposit for the amount you purchased and well, close it as and when you are ready to. As for binary indices, you can buy those that close at different times and you basically bet on whether the market's going up or down.

Today's my first day..been watching the ASX, FTSE and then DOW at night. I regret trading the DOW!!! Its just so volatile and I basically just spent the night staring at my computer screen with the prices refreshing. Its just so stressful and well..i have to say tonight is the first and last night i'm trading indices. I guess in a way, investment should be long term and not determined within a few hours. Felt as though I was gambling more than investing.

So thats it...NO MORE BINARY INDICES. Gambling and investing is such a fine line but well, i should focus on investing than gambling.

No comments: