Monday, June 4, 2007

Someone knock some sense into my cousin!!!!

This cousin of mine..needs Dr Phil. She needs someone to knock some sense into her!

She's a very smart girl who excelled in school. She's only 2 years older than me and has always topped her class, went to uni, did really well and was recruited into a top MNC into their graduate program. Not too sure if I should blame or or her husband but things went down from there. Had a fantastic career and they wanted to send her to denmark but she resigned. She decided to get married and stay at home and have kids. She has been pregnant for the bulk of the last few years. Married at 24, pregnant within 3 months after her wedding and she's pregnant again a few months after having her 1st baby. She didn't give her body enough time to recover and had major complications and the baby died and she was in ICU etc etc. Ever since then, she has been staying at home looking after the kids. She's 29 with only 1 year working experience. We were very close when we're young but ever since we started growing up, she's into church and I reckon to her, I belong to Club 666 with all my drinking and other nonsense!

Now, she has decided to join the workforce again and I believe she must be finding it hard to get a job. Hence, she has been successful in...a commission based..insurance/investment sales position.She's smart..but she has low EQ. She can't communicate with people properly and sales is wrong for her. And now, she has pestered every single relative she has to invest with her so that she can earn her commission. Everyone's been complaining from my aunts to my cousins.

I wish I can sit her down and tell her to get a proper job. Sales isn't for everyone and definitely not for her. And stop using the same method she use to pester people to go to church for this job. Going to church and investing is totally different! Similar example is..someone can be top student at maths but not for geography or literature. Its different and for her own good, stop pursuing this job. She's only wasting her time and energy on something that she won't succeed in. I might be good with money but picasso will flip in his grave if he sees my art or karl lagerfield will pull his hair out if he sees my dress design!

Can someone counsel this lost child? She goes to church every sunday and cell group etc etc. So can god do her a favour and point her in the right direction? Please?

No comments: