Thursday, June 14, 2007

out of action...down and out..

I caught the flu bug from work. I don't mind getting sick but the worst part is, starting a new job when you're that sick! I was fine..until Sunday when I just collapsed. I came down with a sore throat, nasty cough and high fever. All within 18hours before I start my new job. I was scared. I found every medicine that is edible at home and ate them. I took vitamins, supplements, panadol, anything and everything! I finally made it to work! I am amazed at how much determination can help someone. Went to work for 2 days and survived by coughing, going to the bathroom every hour, drank lots of water. Unfortunately, my fever came back on Tuesday night and I was still feverish on Wednesday morning and well, had to call in sick.

The best part of it all..was how nice people were at my new work place. They actually asked me if i want to go home or if i don't feel well, just go home early. There's nothing urgent anyway! My boss's son is having a flu as well and was sick and bedridden for 3 days so he's amazed that I'll cope with just a day away. Somedays i thank my lucky star. I have been very fortunate so far to work with nice people.

No comments: